1 Fitzpatrick St, South Melbourne, VIC, 3205 AUCheck Availibility
Check Availibility For Apartments
At A Glance
1. The history of the building
- The building was built in 1988 as part of a residential development project by Fitzpatrick Developments Pty Ltd1.
- The architect of the building was John Wardle Architects, a renowned Australian firm that has designed many award-winning projects2.
- The building has no significant historical events but is located in a heritage precinct containing many Victorian-era buildings and landmarks3.
2. The design and architecture
- The building is designed in a contemporary style that contrasts with the surrounding heritage buildings2.
- The building has three floors and a roof terrace that offers panoramic views of the city skyline and the bay1 .
- The building has some unique architectural details, such as:
3. The apartment units
- The building contains 15 apartment units, ranging from one-bedroom to three-bedroom configurations1.
- The sizes of the units vary from 50 m² to 122 m², with an average of 82 m²1.
- The layouts and features of the units include:
- Open-plan living and dining areas with floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Modern kitchens with stone benchtops and stainless steel appliances.
- Spacious bedrooms with built-in wardrobes and ensuite bathrooms.
- Timber flooring, ducted heating and cooling, and intercom security systems.
4. Amenities and facilities
- The amenities and facilities available for the residents are:
- A communal roof terrace with barbecue facilities, outdoor furniture, and landscaped gardens.
- A secure basement car park with two spaces allocated for each unit.
- A storage cage for each unit in the basement.
- A lift access to all floors.
5. The surrounding area
- The neighbourhood of South Melbourne is a vibrant and cosmopolitan area that offers a mix of historical charm and modern convenience.
- The facilities and amenities nearby include:
- Supermarkets, such as Woolworths, Coles, and Aldi, within walking distance.
- Shopping, dining, and entertainment options, such as South Melbourne Market, Clarendon Street, and Crown Casino, within a short drive or tram ride .
- Parks, such as Albert Park Lake, Royal Botanic Gardens, and Port Melbourne Beach, within a short drive or bike ride .
6. Reviews and ratings
- The reviews and ratings for this apartment building are mostly positive, with an average of 4.5 stars out of 5 on Google Reviews.
- Some of the common praises from the reviewers are:
- The location is convenient and close to everything.
- The views from the roof terrace are amazing.
- The units are spacious and well-maintained.
- Some of the common complaints from the reviewers are:
- The traffic noise can be a little loud at times.
7. Sustainability Features
- The building has some sustainability features, such as:
- A rainwater harvesting system that collects and stores water for irrigation and toilet flushing.
- A solar photovoltaic system that generates electricity for common areas and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- A double-glazed window system that improves thermal performance and reduces heat loss and gain.
8. Transport Accessibility
- The building is easily accessible via both public and private transportation, such as:
- Bus routes 234, 236, and 606, which stop right outside the building.
- Tram routes 1, 12, 58, and 96, which are within walking distance from the building.
- CityLink freeway, which is within a short drive from the building.
9. Resident Demographics
- The typical demographic of residents in this building are young professionals who work in the city or nearby areas.
- The building also attracts some retirees who enjoy the convenience and lifestyle of the area.
- The building has a low proportion of families and students, as the units are not suitable for large households or shared living.
10. Local Attractions
- Some of the attractions, leisure facilities, and cultural sites near this building are:
- The Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre, which offers a range of sports and fitness activities, such as swimming, tennis, basketball, and squash.
- The Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, which hosts various events and exhibitions, such as trade shows, concerts, and festivals.
- The Melbourne Arts Centre, which showcases various arts and cultural performances, such as theatre, opera, ballet, and comedy.
11. Body Corporation
- The body corporation that runs this building is Fitzpatrick Owners Corporation, which is managed by Strata Plan Victoria.
- The body corporation is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the common property, such as the roof terrace, the car park, and the lift.