57 City Road,, Southbank, VIC, 3006 AUCheck Availibility
Check Availibility For Apartments
At A Glance
1. The history of the building
- Opus Tower is a residential apartment building located at 57-61 City Road, Southbank, Victoria, Australia1.
- It was built in 2015 by Salvo Property Group, a Melbourne-based property developer2.
- The architect of the building was Peddle Thorp, a Melbourne-based architectural firm3.
- The building is one of the most affordable and accessible apartment buildings in Southbank, offering a range of options for first home buyers, investors, and downsizers2.
2. The design and architecture
- Opus Tower is a contemporary and elegant apartment building that features a curved glass facade and a metallic blue exterior.
- The building has 37 floors and 196 apartment units1.
- The building has a simple and symmetrical form that contrasts with the curved and organic shape of the facade.
- The building also has a large circular window on the top floor, which adds a touch of interest and lightness to the skyline.
3. The apartment units
- The apartment units in Opus Tower range from one-bedroom to three-bedroom configurations, with sizes from 50 sqm to 269 sqm1.
- The units have open-plan living and dining areas, balconies, built-in wardrobes, ensuites, and euro laundries.
- The units also have modern kitchens with stone benchtops, stainless steel appliances, and dishwashers.
- The units have split-system heating and cooling, double glazing, and roller blinds for comfort and convenience.
4. The surrounding area
- Opus Tower is situated in the lively and charming neighbourhood of Southbank, which is one of Melbourne’s oldest and most historic suburbs2.
- The surrounding area offers a variety of facilities and amenities for residents, such as:
- Supermarkets, such as Woolworths, Coles, Aldi, and IGA, which are within walking distance or a short drive from the building4.
- Shopping centres, such as South Melbourne Market, Clarendon Centre, Southgate, South Wharf DFO, Melbourne Central, Emporium, and Bourke Street Mall, which are within easy reach by public transport or car from the building4.
- Dining options, such as cafes, restaurants, bars, pubs, and clubs, which cater to different cuisines, tastes, and budgets in the nearby streets or along the Yarra River4.
- Parks and gardens, such as Albert Park Lake, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kings Domain, Flagstaff Gardens, and Treasury Gardens, which offer green spaces, recreational facilities, and scenic views in the vicinity of the building4.
5. Transport Accessibility
- Opus Tower is highly accessible by both public and private transportation, as it is located close to major roads, bridges, freeways, and public transport hubs, such as:
- City Road, which is a main arterial road that connects Southbank to the CBD and other suburbs4.
- West Gate Freeway, which is a major freeway that links Southbank to the western suburbs, the airport, and regional Victoria4.
- Kings Way, which is a major road that connects Southbank to the southern suburbs, the bay, and the Mornington Peninsula4.
- Queens Bridge, which is a historic bridge that crosses the Yarra River and connects Southbank to the CBD and Docklands4.
- Flinders Street Station, which is a major railway station that serves the CBD and the metropolitan network4.
- Southern Cross Station, which is a major railway station that serves the CBD and the regional network4.
- Tram routes 1, 12, 58, 96, and 109, which run along Park Street, Clarendon Street, Kings Way, Spencer Street, and Collins Street respectively, and provide access to various destinations in the CBD and beyond4.
- Bus routes 216, 219, 220, 234, 236, 605, and 606, which run along Park Street, Kings Way, Queens Bridge Street, Flinders Street, and Bank Street respectively, and provide access to various destinations in the inner and outer suburbs4.
6. Resident Demographics
- The typical demographic of residents in Opus Tower is young professionals, who are attracted by the location, lifestyle, and convenience of living in Southbank.
- According to the 2016 Census data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), the median age of residents in Opus Tower was 30 years, compared to 35 years for Melbourne overall.
- The majority of residents in Opus Tower were born overseas (64%), with the most common countries of birth being China (14%), India (8%), Malaysia (5%), Indonesia (4%), and England (4%).
- The most common languages spoken at home by residents in Opus Tower were English (57%), Mandarin (11%), Cantonese (4%), Indonesian (3%), and Hindi (3%).
- The most common occupations of residents in Opus Tower were professionals (38%), managers (15%), clerical and administrative workers (13%), community and personal service workers (10%), and sales workers (8%).
- The most common industries of employment of residents in Opus Tower were professional scientific and technical services (14%), accommodation and food services (12%), financial and insurance services (10%), health care and social assistance (9%), and education and training (8%).
7. Local Attractions
- Opus Tower is surrounded by a variety of local attractions that offer entertainment, leisure, culture, and education for residents and visitors alike, such as:
- Southbank Promenade, which is a riverside walkway that features restaurants, bars, cafes, shops, and street performers .
- Crown Melbourne, which is a large casino and entertainment complex that features gaming facilities, hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, cinemas, shops, spas, and live shows.
- Arts Centre Melbourne, which is a cultural hub that hosts performing arts events such as theatre, music, dance, opera, comedy, cabaret, and festivals .
- National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) , which is an art museum that houses a collection of over 75,000 works of art, including Australian, Indigenous, Asian, European, and American art .
- Eureka Skydeck, which is an observation deck that offers panoramic views of Melbourne from the 88th floor of the Eureka Tower.
- Melbourne Aquarium, which is an aquatic zoo that showcases over 10,000 marine animals from Australia and around the world.
8. Body Corporation
- The body corporation that runs Opus Tower is Opus Owners Corporation, which is a division of Strata Plan .
- Opus Owners Corporation provides services such as building management, maintenance, insurance, administration, financial management, dispute resolution, and compliance for Opus Tower and other properties in Melbourne.
- Opus Owners Corporation can be contacted at:
- Phone: (03) 9863 7600
- Address: Level 1/501 Swanston Street Melbourne VIC 3000