70 Canterbury Rd, Toorak, Melbourne, VIC, 3142 AUCheck Availibility
Check Availibility For Apartments
At A Glance
1. The history of the building
- The building was built in 1960 as a residential apartment complex1.
- The architect was John Murphy, who was known for his modernist designs and innovative use of materials2.
- The building has been well-maintained and renovated over the years, retaining its original charm and character1.
2. The design and architecture
- The building is designed in a modernist style, with clean lines, geometric shapes, and large windows2.
- The building has three floors, with four units on each floor1.
- The building has a brick exterior, with a white and grey colour scheme1.
- The building has a flat roof, with a skylight in the centre to allow natural light into the stairwell2.
- The building has some unique architectural details, such as the curved balcony railings, the circular windows on the top floor, and the ornamental fireplace in some units13.
3. The apartment units
- The building has 12 units in total, with a mix of one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments1.
- The units range in size from 70 sqm to 90 sqm, with spacious living areas, bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens14.
- The units have different layouts, depending on their position and orientation in the building1.
- The units have various features, such as polished wooden floorboards, high ceilings, built-in wardrobes, air conditioning, and heating13.
4. Amenities and facilities
- The building offers several amenities and facilities for the residents, such as:
5. Transport accessibility
- The apartment building is easily accessible by both public and private transportation, according to the available information12345.
- For public transportation, there are several options nearby, such as:
- Tram: Route 58 stops at Toorak Rd/Canterbury Rd, which is a 2-minute walk from the building3. This tram can take you to the CBD, South Yarra, Prahran, Windsor, Parkville, Brunswick West, and Pascoe Vale South3.
- Train: Toorak Station is a 10-minute walk from the building4. This station is on the Glen Waverley line, which can take you to the CBD, Glen Iris, Mount Waverley, Glen Waverley, and Syndal4.
- Bus: Route 605 stops at Toorak Rd/Canterbury Rd, which is a 2-minute walk from the building5. This bus can take you to the CBD, South Yarra, Prahran, Armadale, Malvern East, Caulfield North, Elsternwick, Brighton East, Gardenvale, and Elwood5.
- For private transportation, there are several advantages, such as:
- Road: The building is located on Canterbury Road, which is a major road that connects to other main roads such as Toorak Road, Malvern Road, Glenferrie Road, and Burke Road6^.
- Bike: There are bike lanes on Canterbury Road and Toorak Road that provide safe and convenient cycling routes to nearby destinations such as Toorak Village, Hawksburn Village, Como Park, Yarra River Trail, and Royal Botanic Gardens7.
6. Resident demographics
- The typical demographic of residents in this building is mostly older people (60+ years), according to the available information1^.
- According to the 2016 Census data for Toorak (SA2), the median age of residents was 46 years (compared to 37 years for Greater Melbourne), and 32% of residents were aged 60 years and over (compared to 19% for Greater Melbourne)8^.
- According to the same data source8^:
- The most common household type was lone person households (40%), followed by couples without children (28%) and couples with children (18%).
- The most common occupation category was professionals (42%), followed by managers (20%) and clerical and administrative workers (12%).
- The most common country of birth was Australia (64%), followed by England (6%) and China (4%).
- The most common language spoken at home was English (80%), followed by Mandarin (4%) and Greek (3%).
7. Local attractions
- There are many attractions, leisure facilities, and cultural sites near this building, according to the available information12345. Some examples are:
- Como House and Garden: A historic mansion and garden that offers guided tours, exhibitions, events, and a cafe8. It is a 15-minute walk or a 5-minute drive from the building9.
- Como Park: A large park that features a sports ground, a playground, a pavilion, a croquet club, and a lawn bowls club10. It is a 10-minute walk or a 3-minute drive from the building9.
- Toorak Village: A shopping precinct that offers a range of boutiques, cafes, restaurants, bars, and services11. It is a 10-minute walk or a 3-minute drive from the building9.
- Hawksburn Village: Another shopping precinct that offers a similar range of options as Toorak Village12. It is a 15-minute walk or a 5-minute drive from the building9.
- Yarra River Trail: A scenic cycling and walking trail that follows the Yarra River from the CBD to Warrandyte13. It is accessible from several points near the building, such as Grange Road Bridge and Williams Road Bridge9.
8. Body corporation
- The body corporation that runs this building is Tideways Owners Corporation Management12, according to the public register of owners corporations13.
- Tideways is a premium owners corporation manager that provides a mix of strategic planning and service management to protect the asset12.
- Tideways can be contacted by phone at (03) 9826 5977